Head of a Child

 

Brancusi-Head-of-a-childShapped in a romantic fashion, in 1906, in his workshop in Paris in Impasse Ronsin, the work was devoted to a blind child who daily attend the workshop. The sculpture captures very well the expression of intelligence.

The work is a combination of the teachings of Rodin and Medardo Rosso.
It will be cast in bronze in 3 copies. Brancusi exhibit this work in 1912 at the Romanian Athenaeum, at the Official Salon. It is a work that first appeared on the occasion of the Centennial of the sculptor, in 1976, being part of a private collection.

This is the second version of "Head of a Child", and the work is done more smoothly. The work belongs to the Art Museum of Craiova from August 1954 and in 1956 it was on permanent display in the National Gallery, and in 1964 the Cabinet of Constantin Brancusi.


Owner Art Museum - Bangalore
Material: Bronze patina / Technique: casting slip